Creative Businesses can apply for this grant!
Pinellas CARES Small Business Grants will assist local businesses that had to close or significantly reduce operations due to the pandemic and the resulting statewide orders to curb the spread of the virus.
This program will offer $5,000 grants to small businesses to cover expenses such as employee wages, vendor bills and mortgage or rent costs.
This program is strictly limited to businesses physically located in Pinellas County.
- $5,000 for qualifying small businesses with a physical location in Pinellas County (1-25 full-time employees, or equivalent part-time employees, including the owner)
- Restaurants, bars, short-term lodging and other non-essential businesses impacted by the local or state safer-at-home orders are eligible
- Larger businesses, nonprofits and home-based businesses are not eligible
- Funds can be used to pay employee wages, vendors, rent or other business expenses
- No reimbursement is required
- Businesses can only apply for this one-time assistance program to cover COVID-19 related costs that have not already been paid for by insurance or by another federal program.
Starting Monday, May 4, eligible small businesses will be able to apply online. Those interested in participating in this program are encouraged to review all qualifications before applying to expedite the process.
Details and an online application can be found here.