Attention emerging creative businesses, artists, musicians and writers, the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance in collaboration with the St. Petersburg College’s Workforce, Community, & Corporate Partnerships, is presenting the annual Arts Business Academy certificate course that will provide artists, musicians, writers, graphic designers and more with the skillsets and confidence to launch or continue an arts business career.
Local arts professionals and business leaders will provide the training in SIX weekly sessions on Wednesdays from 2/9/2022 - 3/16/2021. This class will be held VIRTUALLY (using Zoom).
The cost for the series is $199 per person and includes six highly interactive Zoom sessions plus three online classes.
*****Limited full scholarships are available for artists with financial need*****
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a scholarship application.
These professional development training sessions are specifically geared toward emerging artists, musicians, and writers. The sessions will provide creatives with the skills and confidence to prepare for professional careers. If you are considering developing your talent or a vocation into your arts business, this certificate course will give you the tools to succeed. Session topics will include:
- Defining Your Goal - Developing Your Arts Business Brand with faculty: Maria Mora and Terry Marks
- Show me the Money! Artists Finances 101 with faculty: panel discussion - Jim Woodfield, Yael Kelley and Kelly Quinn
- Setting up your Arts Business with faculty - Eve Epstein
- Before You Market, Protect Your Creative Expression with faculty: Jamie Marcario
- Marketing Your Arts Business with faculty: John Collins and Tracy Kennard
- Grants, Awards & Calls to Artists with faculty: Jenna Felder and Beth Reynolds
In addition to the above sessions, participants will have access to supplemental non-credit workforce training courses. These non-credit courses will help participants develop their professional skill sets and provides a great introduction to other academic options.
- Essentials of Marketing
- Improving Writing Skills in the Workplace
- Learn to Effectively Communicate
The Arts Academy is a program of SPAA’s Arts Resource Center, made possible with support from the Bank of America Foundation, Duke Energy Foundation, Robert and Toni Bader Foundation, Pinellas Community Foundation, TD Charitable Foundation and the St. Pete Greenhouse; all helping to create entrepreneurial opportunities and financial stability for our creative community.
Registration Closes on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 @ 12 AM.