Artists, writers, musicians, graphic artists, filmmakers – anyone working as an independent arts contractor will benefit from a review of what is necessary to file your taxes this year. Join the St. Pete Arts Alliance for a Zoom workshop on February 25 from 1-2:30 pm.
Susan Plage of Intuit (TurboTax, QuickBooks, Quicken, Mint and ProConnect) is a Tax Expert and an IRS Enrolled Agent. This is Susan’s fifth year teaching this popular session.
Topics we’ll cover:
- Income (W-2 and 1099-MISC)
- Identify ordinary deductions
- Identify deductions for creative businesses
- Identify Creative Business Expenses (Form 2106, Schedule A and Schedule C)
- Review the overall income tax landscape for federal and state filings
- Identify records to retain for tax purposes and effective systems for tracking expenses
- How to report emergency relief aid or PPP funds.
SPAA Workshops are a program of our Virtual Arts Resource Center, supported by the Bank of America Foundation, Pinellas Community Foundation, TD Bank Foundation and the City of St. Petersburg’s Office of Cultural Affairs.
Please register here to receive the Zoom link.
This workshop is free for Arts Business Partners. If you’re not yet an Arts Alliance member, a $5 reduced registration fee is made possible thanks to generous support from Bank of America.